At Illuminate Photography Training your privacy is important to us and we understand we have a responsibility to protect the personal data that you entrust us with.
About Illuminate Photography Training
Illuminate Photography Training (IPT) is a brand shared by Cabah Ltd (t/a DHR Digital) and Alys Straw (t/a Alys Griffiths Photography). When referring to IPT in this document, we refer to both Cabah Ltd, and Alys Straw, unless otherwise specified. Personal data obtained will only ever be used in conjunction with the IPT joint venture, and will not be used in other aspects of Cabah Ltd or Alys Straw’s business.
Both Cabah Ltd. and Alys Straw are designated as data controllers as defined in the GDPR.
Purpose Of This Document
The purpose of this document is to detail how personal information is collected, processed and managed by IPT.
Personal Data Collection Methodology
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- Collection in person, through use of a paper form.
During our courses, we hand out forms titled “Keep in touch”. These allow course delegates to provide their full name and email address to us, for the purpose of subscribing to our news and events emails. This information is processed by MailChimp (see section titled “Data Processors Used By IPT” for further information.
- Collection via our website at www.illuminate.training
- Our website operates a system of user accounts which can be used to restrict content to those who have attended a specific course, provide e-learning content and expedite the checkout experience for our online shop and course booking process.
- Our website operates and email contact form that allows you to send us an emailed message. Data collected by this form includes your name, email address, message subject and message text. Data contained within contact form emails is only used to respond to the message received.
- We have a directed enquiry for one-2-one training form used to gather information required to quote on one-2-one training requests. The data captured is Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Preferred Training Date, Session Lenth, Photographic Discipline of Interest, Preferred Location, Camera details, Preferred Tutor and space for a message. This form is used to create an emailed request send to our enquiries mailbox, and to allow us to respond to the specific enquiry.
Data Processors Used By IPT
IPT makes use of third party data processors as follows:
- Microsoft Azure. IPT use Azure for hosting their web servers and the backend database servers that deliver web content, including some content that is personalised, such as purchase history data. Data is stored securely using Azure’s locally redundant storage model within their UK data-centres.
- MailChimp. IPT use MailChimp to manage out mailing list which we use to send occasional emails with news and information about events. The information MailChimp holds on an individual is as follows:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- History of mail sent to you
- Facebook. IPT use Facebook to facilitate discussion between our delegates using a closed group. We don’t provide any personal information to Facebook as this is facilitated using data Facebook already hold on you through your Facebook account.
IPT As An Information Processor
IPT process data on behalf of the following third parties:
- Staffordshire Wildlife Trust (SWT). We process data in order to run photography courses on behalf of SWT, and to provide customer feedback on our performance. This data is as follows:
- Full name
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Customer feedback data (collected via a paper feedback form at the end of a course). This takes the form of a number of ratings from 1 to 5 for various aspects of a course, and optional comments.
Data passed to us by Staffordshire Wildlife Trust is only used in the delivery of the specific course to which it relates. This information is not retained for more than 90 days beyond the completion of a course.
We will never use data supplied by SWT to send unsolicited mail, email, SMS messages or other communications. We gather information for mailing lists through a dedicated paper form and make it clear that filling this in is optional.
We will never pass data from SWT to third parties without first obtaining your explicit consent
- Stafford Camera Club (SCC). We process data in order to run photography courses on behalf of SCC. This data is as follows:
- Full name
- Email address
Data passed to us by SCC is only used in the delivery of the specific course to which it relates, and for invoicing delegates for course fees. This information is not retained for more than 90 days beyond the completion of a course.
We will never use data supplied by SCC to send unsolicited mail, email, SMS messages or other communications. We gather information for mailing lists through a dedicated paper form and make it clear that filling this in is optional.
We will never pass data from SWT to third parties without first obtaining your explicit consent.
We operate an email list to provide news and event details. This is managed through services provided to us by MailChimp.
We aim to send mail no more frequently than once a fortnight, except in circumstances where corrections need to be sent out regarding an error in a preceding mailing.
On all bulk mail we include a simple unsubscribe link that allows you to opt out of future mailings with a single click. Once unsubscribed your email address is retained by MailChimp on a list of unsubscribed addresses to ensure compliance with your wish to no longer receive these mailings.
All email is sent from an address that accepts replies and is monitored by a human. Any concerns may be raised be replying to the email and will be handled by a member of staff.
It is the nature of our business to take photographs, and these may deliberately or accidentally include you. Photographs taken on our courses may be used on, but not limited to, our website, mailing list, facebook page or facebook group, course materials and advertising. We will never include your name or other personal information with your photograph without obtaining your consent.
If you have concerns about a specific photograph, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01785 336233 and we’ll act on these on a case-by-case basis.
Your Right To Be Forgotten
You have the right to be forgotten by us. Both our website and mailing list have methods for removing yourself. If you would like us to handle this for you please email us at email@example.com.
Queries or Concerns
If you have any queries or concerns, please feel free to contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.